• Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, OH
Juris Doctor, 2008, Magna Cum Laude
• Executive Editor, The Journal of Law and Health, 2007-2008
• The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, 2005, Cum Laude
Admitted to Practice
• State of Ohio
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
• U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
• U.S. Court of Appeal, Sixth Circuit
Professional Associations, Afiliations and Achievements
- Cleveland American Employment Inn of Court
- Ohio Super Lawyer – Rising Star, Employment Litigation, 2018
- The Cleveland Professional 20-30 Club – 2017 Movers & Shakers Annual Recipient
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association – Member of Labor and Employment Section – 3R’s Volunteer Teacher, Max Hayes High School, 2016-2017, Washington Park High School, 2017-2018
- Volunteer Attorney for Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, Brief Advice Clinics
- 2010 Alumni of the Trial Advocacy College at the University of Virginia School of Law
- BRITE Cleveland – Chair of the Board, 2014-Present – Member, Board of Directors, 2012-Present
- Organize, Plan, and Present the Annual Brite Winter Festival – Manage all Budgeting, Contracting, Risk and Insurance Needs for Non-Profit Corporation
Illustrative Presentations and Results
- Presenter, “General Employment Law & Immigration 101” – CLE for Ohio Society of CPAs, Cleveland Outlying Area East, May 7, 2015
- Presenter, “With that Facebook Post, Our Case is a Slam Dunk! #socialmediausedasevidence” – CLE for Northeast Ohio Chapter – Association of Corporate Counsel, January 8, 2015
- Presenter, Emerging Trends in Sexual Orientation Discrimination Litigation – CLE for CMBA Labor and Employment Section, October 31, 2012
- Lifter v. Cleveland State University, et al., 6th Circuit Nos. 16-4084/4086, 2017 U.S. App. LEXIS 17816 (Sept. 12, 2017) (affirming summary judgment and dismissing claims for First Amendment retaliation).
- Maher v. Prudential Insurance Co. of America, N.D. Ohio No. 1:14 CV 2777, 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 172768 (Dec. 14, 2016) (granting judgment in favor of client on claims for benefits under ERISA regulated insurance plan).
- Chung v. Berkman, et al., N.D. Ohio No. 1:13 CV 1354, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 79535 (June 11, 2014) (obtained dismissal and summary judgment in favor of educational institution and seventeen individual employees on claims for race discrimination, retaliation, violation of due process clause, and violation of equal protection clause), affirmed 6th Cir. No. 14-3655 (May 26, 2015).
- Hogg v. Heath, et al, 8th Dist. No. 100188, 2015-Ohio-515, 2015 Ohio App. LEXIS 496 (Feb. 12, 2015) (summary judgment affirmed in favor of client on claims for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress).
- Johnson v. University Hospitals Physician Services, N.D. Ohio No. 1:13 CV 2012, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 130682 (Sept. 15, 2014) (obtained summary judgment in favor of employer on claims for disability discrimination and retaliation).
- Urban Partnership Bank v. Mosezit, 8th Dist. No. 100712, 2014-Ohio-3721, 2014 Ohio App. LEXIS 3645 (Aug. 28, 2014) (judgment for commercial eviction in favor of client affirmed), discretionary appeal not allowed 142 Ohio St.3d. 1410, 27 N.E.3d 539 (2015).
- Acklin vs. Cuyahoga Community College, et al., Cuyahoga County Case No. CV- 10-736415 (July 31, 2012) (obtained unanimous defense verdicts for clients on claims for employment discrimination, retaliation and spoliation of evidence)
- Zigdon vs. LVNV Funding, LLC, et al., 2010 U.S. Dist. Lexis 53813 (N.D. Ohio April 23, 2010) (obtained judgment on the pleadings in favor of client against claims for alleged violations of Fair Debt Collections Practices Act)
- Miktuk vs. Southwest General Health Center, et al., Cuyahoga County Case No. CV-08-665344 (Nov 17, 2009) (obtained summary judgment in favor of client on claims for alleged social work and medical malpractice)